Fix the System

The poltical system of the USA is facing major issues of which the average citizen is unaware. The power to fix these issues lies solely in the hands of the public.

Name:
Location: Peabody, Massachusetts, United States

Friday, June 09, 2006

Well, we *could* impeach Bush

My wife sent me this: http://impeachforpeace.org/ImpeachNow.html

Sure, we could do that. However, I can't say that I'm particularly enthusiastic to get rid of Bush. It's not that I like him or anything, it's more that I think a political process that could get HIM elected TWICE has some more fundamental issues. I would prefer to try to find and fix the more significant issues so that we never have Bush III.

Big issues in my book:

  • A two party system that has no room for third parties
  • Political scripts are so tightly controlled alternative views are never heard in mainstream media
  • A Democratic party that seems to have alienated religious Americans
  • The myth of "Electability"
  • Lack of public campaign funds
  • Participation of Big Business in the political process. (If possible, I wouldn't mind banning them entirely)
  • Too few independent voters
  • Electoral College is obsolete
  • Too few citizens actively participate in the political process


We Americans are in serious danger of losing our Democracy to the Rich and Powerful. Everyone needs to get involved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Support Bloggers' Rights!
Support Bloggers' Rights!


democracy demands media reform: www.freepress.net